- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Charles Edward Propst
Charles Edward Propst Sr., 79, of Jackson passed away Saturday, Nov. 12, 2005 at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 15, 1926, in Arcadia, Mo., son of the late Walter M. and Cora Mae Russell Propst. He and Willa Dean White were married July 14, 1951, at Arbor General Baptist Church.
Charles was a 1945 graduate of Delta High School. He was a Seaman First Class in the U.S. Navy during World War II, and received a Victory Medal. He farmed and was employed 24 years with the former Lenco Inc., retiring in 1987. He was an avid sportsman and environmentalist, and raised Walker coon dogs as a hobby.
He was a member of Excelsior Lodge 441 in Jackson and New McKendree United Methodist Church, serving as an usher and on the administrative board.
Loving survivors include his wife of 54 years, Willa Dean; a daughter, Phyllis Jean (Barry) Sander of Jackson; a son, Charles Jr. (Frances) Propst, of Lake Charles, La.; four grandchildren, Melissa McKenzie Sander-Hazelwood of St. Louis, Mason Daniel Sander of Jackson, Jessica and Matthew Propst of Lake Charles; a sister, Helen Thompson of Carrollton, Ill., and a brother, Paul (Marilyn) Propst of Cape Girardeau.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a brother, Fred Propst, Jan. 8, 2005.
Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. today at the McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
Funeral service will be at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday at the funeral home with the Revs. John Rice and Jimmy Corbin officiating. Burial will follow at Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorials may be made to New McKendree United Methodist Church, the Missouri Veterans' Home or the Jackson Senior Center.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at mccombsfuneralhome.com.