- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Garry Dean Whitehead, 62, of Advance died Sunday, June 22, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born May 15, 1941, at Greenbrier, Mo., son of Leo and Letha Ladd Whitehead. He and Barbara Dunn were married Oct. 24, 1962, in Dallas, Texas.
Whitehead was employed by Procter & Gamble in Cape Girardeau 25 years, retiring as a buyer. He was a member of the Masonic Lodge.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Darrin Pickett of Barnhart, Mo.; two daughters, Barbara "Beth" Stoffregen of Fredericktown, Mo., Susanne "Elaine" Michelson of Millersville; two brothers, Bill Whitehead of Advance, Ronald Whitehead of Corsicana, Texas; five sisters, Shirley Carlton and Alma Fortner of Zalma, Mo., Mary Fisher and Janice Snider of Marble Hill, Mo., Donna Hellings of Panama City Beach, Fla.; and seven grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today. A Masonic service will be held at 7.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ray Placher officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.