- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
COMMERCE, Mo. -- Glenna Shirley Wright, 56, of Commerce died Monday, June 23, 2003, at the home of her mother in Scott City.
She was born Sept. 1, 1946, at Sikeston, Mo., daughter of Glenn and Ruby Akins McLain. She and Jerry Cleo Wright were married April 14, 1964, in Scott City.
Mrs. Wright had been a customer service representative at Venture Store. She was a member of Illmo Baptist Church and Commerce Better Community Club.
Survivors include her husband; her mother of Scott City; a son and daughter-in-law, Jerry and Tina Wright of Mooresville, N.C.; a daughter and son-in-law, Cheri and Chris Vetter of Benton, Mo.; four grandchildren, Joshua and JoBeth Wright and Kaitlin and Kristen Vetter; and a special friend, Scott Morton of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Dennis Bell officiating. Burial will be in Oakdale Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Jeremy Mabrey, Steve Brazel, Fred Vetter, Dwayne Vetter, Derek Wright and Cleo Wright.