- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Sharon E. Mitchell, 58, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Nov. 4, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born July 23, 1947, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Arnold and Anna B. Woods Irby. She and Raymond Mitchell were married Jan. 11, 1969.
Mitchell was a graduate of Central High School. She worked more than 20 years at East Missouri Action Agency Headstart in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her husband; four daughters, Ramonda Irby, Falissia Mitchell of Milwaukee, Wis., Felicia Mitchell of Rockford, Ill., Anderea Mitchell of Jonesboro, Ark.; her father of Milwaukee; two brothers, Gregory and Timothy Irby of Milwaukee; three sisters, Stephanie, Ramona and Kimberly Irby, all of Milwaukee; and eight grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her mother.
Friends may call at Greater Dimension Ministries from noon to service time Saturday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the church, with William Bird officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Williams Funeral Home in Charleston, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.