- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Scott City has two on all-conference first team
League champion Scott City placed two players on the SEMO Conference first team for volleyball, as did league runner-up Central.
Kacie Ritter and Lindsey Amick from Scott City made the first team, along with Carissa Wheeler and Melissa Espinoza from Central. Oran's Carmen Duncan and Sikeston's Martika Davis rounded out the first team.
Scott City also had two players -- Amanda Braun and Whitney Tapley -- on the second team. Two more Rams players -- Kelley Hicks and Valerie Gibson --were listed on honorable mention.
The second team also included Central's Wendi Zickfield, Oran's Mandy Wood and representatives from New Madrid (Meoshe Morgan) and Sikeston (Rachel Beydler).
Honorable mention choices included Kristin Shirrell and Kyla Valleroy of Central and Courtney Nenninger of Oran.
The Central junior high girls basketball teams swept Sikeston on the road Monday.
Farrah Malik scored eight points to lead the A team (7-1) to a 21-18 win, and Jessica Harris had seven points in a win for the B team (3-3).
-- From staff reports