- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Illinois man pleads guilty to robbing Jackson store
An Illinois man pleaded guilty Monday in Cape Girardeau Circuit Court to first degree robbery, court officials said.
Anthony S. Mims, 33, of Collinsville, Ill., admitted in his plea that he robbed the Stoggies Texaco on East Jackson Boulevard in Jackson on June 20, 2000. Investigators said he used a gun to force store clerks to give him money.
Judge John Heisserer ordered a presentence investigation and set Mims' sentencing for July 28.
The defendant is currently serving time in an Illinois prison on an unrelated theft charge.