Scott City City Council action 11/8/05
Tuesday, November 8, 2005
* Approved a motion to wave utility easements on property owned by Calvin Clover at 107 11th St. East. Councilman Norman Brant was absent.
Appointed Councilman Robert Tyler to a one-year position on the Cape Girardeau Area Magnet.
* Mayor Tim Porch signed a proclamation declaring Nov. 19 as VFW Junior Girls unit's "Celebration of Freedom" day, honoring the 70th anniversary of the organization's Scott City chapter.
* Approved an ordinance amending the city ordinance on barking dogs. The previous ordinance required a neighbor to complain about a barking dog for police to issue tickets. Now no complaint is required, and police can issue tickets based on their own observations.
* Voted to affiliate with the not--for-profit beautification organization Keep America Beautiful. The first year of membership will be free, and dues of about $300 will be paid yearly after that.
* Parks and Recreation director Phyllis Crump announced the city's Christmas parade will take place on Dec. 4. Crump received permission from the city to hold the parade at night so floats could make use of lights.