- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape Girardeau City Council action 11/8/05
Held a public hearing on the request of Lonnie and Shirley Moss and Paul and Patricia Grebe for a special-use permit for storage of plumbing business materials and vehicles at 155 S. Park Ave.
* Held a public hearing on the request of Forrest L. Preston and Cape Girardeau Medical Inc. for a special-use permit for an advertising sign at 2852 Independence St.
(Second and third readings)
* Accepted a general warranty deed from St. Andrew Lutheran Church for the Kingsway Drive cul-de-sac.
* Executed a quit-claim deed to St. Andrew Lutheran Church for real property.
* Authorized acquisition of property for the improvement of Mount Auburn Road between William Street and Bloomfield Road.
* Postponed until Nov. 21 authorization of the issuance of waterworks system refunding revenue bonds of the city of Cape Girardeau.
* Executed a license and indemnity agreement with Shifrin & Associates to place a groundwater monitoring well at 2201 Broadway.
* Approved an ordinance authorizing the acquisition of property for the improvement of Mount Auburn Road between William Street and Bloomfield Road.
* Removed from the agenda an ordinance approving the record plat of Seldom Rest Farm Subdivision on Lexington Avenue.
* Approved an ordinance granting a special-use permit to Lonnie and Shirley Moss and Paul and Patricia Grebe for purposes of storage of plumbing business materials and vehicles at 155 S. Park Ave.
* Approved an ordinance granting a special-use permit to Forrest L. Preston and Cape Girardeau Medical, Inc. for purposes of constructing and maintaining an on-premises advertising sign at 2852 Independence St.
* Approved an ordinance approving placement of traffic control signals at the intersection of Kingshighway and Silver Springs Road.
* Acknowledged receipt of an annexation petition from Kergious Rickey and Martha Juan Crites, Earnest L. and Marsha T. Kern, Charles Edward and Rebecca A. Lavalle III, Gary J. and Simin L. Cwick, and setting a public hearing.
* Established the position of a town crier for the bicentennial celebrations of the city of Cape Girardeau.
* Executed a license and indemnity agreement with Rhodes 101 Stop to place and maintain groundwater monitoring wells.
* Executed an addendum to a contract for survey data with Koehler Engineering and Land Surveying.
* Executed an amendment to the agreement for engineering services with S. H. Smith & Company Inc.
* Executed a contract with Alliance Blue Cross for employee health insurance services.
* Executed a contract with Delta Dental for employee dental insurance services.
* Acknowledged receipt of an annexation petition from the city for the flood-control detention basin property and setting a public hearing.
* Accepted a grant from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security under the 2005 Assistance to Firefighters Act.
* Appointed an Open Burning Task Force. Members include city fire marshal Mike Morgan, city prosecutor Reagan Holliday, county health department representative Amy Morris, Cape Girardeau Public Schools facilities director J.B. McClard and council member Debra Tracy. Public members include Robin Boyer, Jane O'Connell, Eric Marquart, Margaret Baker and Vicky Garner.
* Appointed Drew Wright, promotions producer at KFVS12 TV to the Cable Television Advisory Board.
* Reappointed Charles Wagoner Jr. to the Golf Course Advisory Board.
* Appointed Rick Hetzel to the Airport Advisory Board.
* Appointed Mayor Jay Knudtson to the Public Awareness Advisory Board.
* Approved a retail liquor by the drink license for CafZ
* Conditionally approved a retail liquor by the drink license for Roisin Dubh Inc. d/b/a Turnpike, 632 Broadway.