Jackson Board of Aldermen action 11/8/05
Tuesday, November 8, 2005
Power and Light Committee
* Reappointed Alderwoman Barbara Lohr to serve as the city's representative to the Cape Girardeau Area MAGNET Board of Directors for a one-year term, beginning Jan. 1.
* Appointed Darrin Pettit to fill an unexpired term on the Jackson Park Board ending April 2007.
* Appointed Alderman David Reiminger, Alderman Joe Baker, Mary Miller, Bill Fadler, Janet Sanders, Jim Roach and Rodney Bollinger to serve as members of the Comprehensive Plan Revisions Committee.
* Set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. Dec. 19 to consider the proposed 2006 city of Jackson annual budget.
* Authorized the payment of $13,800 to Koehler Engineering and Land Surveying Inc. of Cape Girardeau for engineering services under the Ridgewood subdivision sanitary sewer project.
* Authorized the payment of $5,600 to Koehler Engineering and Lan Surveying Inc. of Cape Girardeau for engineering services under the Southwestern realty subdivision street right of way location project.
* Approved an ordinance calling for a general municipal election on April 4 to fill the office of Board of Alderman for the city of Jackson.
* Set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. Dec. 5 to consider the rezoning of approximately 29.49 acres of property (known as the future Brookside Estates subdivision) from R-1 (single family residential) district to R-2 (single family residential) district, as submitted by A & T Development LLC.
* Set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 5 to consider the rezoning of approximately 1.73 acres of property known as part of 2950 Old Toll Road, from R-1 (single family residential) district to C-2 (general commercial) district, as submitted by Chug and Julie Crites.
* Approved a 5 percent beer by drink license for Dewey, Cheatum & Howe LLC d/b/a Stooge's Restaurant at 507 W. Main St.
* Approved a petition for the voluntary annexation of 36.09 acres of property (known as the future Jackson Ridge Estates subdivision) and setting a public hearing at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 5.
* Considered a bill repealing a stop designation on South Oklahoma Street.
* Tabled an ordinance approving the rezoning of certain properties along West Jackson Boulevard, under the West Jackson Boulevard comprehensive rezoning project, phase 2.
* Approved an ordinance amending chapter 11 of the code of ordinances, regarding flagpole construction rules and regulations.
* Set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. Nov. 21 to discuss the past performance by the city on behalf of the Jackson Senior Center, in carrying out the city's 2002 project for the construction of a new senior center facility.
* Accepted a report from the Missouri Local Government Employees Retirement System -- LAGERS, relative to potential changes in benefits.