- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
MOUNDS, Ill. -- James E. "Jim" Beegle, 72, of Mounds died Saturday, Nov. 5, 2005, at his home.
He was born on Sept. 7, 1933, in Mounds, son of the late Lemmie E. and Mary Baker Beegle. He and Betty J. Beegle were married and she preceded him death in 2000.
Beegle was a retired laborer. He was a member of the Urbandale Community Chapel and Laborers Local 773. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include two daughters, Seasida Minor of Johnson City, Ill., and Ellen Phalin of Cobden, Ill.; three sons, Roger Beagle of Cobden; Kennith Beagle of Thebes, Ill., and Kevin Beagle of Mounds; a sister, Barbara Cruse, and a brother, Tom Beagle, both of Mandota, Ill.; several grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. today at the Barkett Funeral Home in Mounds.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Dennis Clark officiating. Interment will follow in the Mound City National Cemetery with Military Honors by the Pulaski Co. Memorial VFW Post 8891 of Mounds and the U.S. Army.
Expressions of sympathy may be made to Urbandale Community Chapel or TIP Hospice in Anna, Ill.