- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Willene W. Cossairt, 84, of Cape Girardeau, died Saturday, June 21, 2003, at her residence.
She was born Sept. 23, 1918, in Stoddard County, daughter of William B. and Cora Wilkerson Warren. She and Robert J. Cossairt were married May 11, 1937, at Bloomfield, Mo. He died May 3, 1991.
Cossairt worked at Elder Manufacturing in Bloomfield. She was a member of First Christian Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a son, Stephen Cossairt of Memphis, Tenn.; a daughter, Barbara Underwood of Cape Girardeau; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the chapel, with Dr. David Felty officiating. Graveside services will be at 2:45 p.m. in Bloomfield Cemetery in Bloomfield.