- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
Combined effort pays off during Wappapello fete
To the editor:
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Wappapello Lake thanks all who participated in the second annual Army Birthday Celebration June 14 at the Bill Emerson Memorial Visitor Center on June 14, 2003. In addition to the live music, display of custom and classic vehicles and booths, live karaoke and line dancing were crowd pleasers. An estimated crowd of 2,700 attended this event. Without the combined effort of all involved, we couldn't have had such a great event.
Plans are under way for the third annual Army Birthday Celebration Event June 12, 2004.
GARY G. STILTS