- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
Combined effort pays off during Wappapello fete
To the editor:
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Wappapello Lake thanks all who participated in the second annual Army Birthday Celebration June 14 at the Bill Emerson Memorial Visitor Center on June 14, 2003. In addition to the live music, display of custom and classic vehicles and booths, live karaoke and line dancing were crowd pleasers. An estimated crowd of 2,700 attended this event. Without the combined effort of all involved, we couldn't have had such a great event.
Plans are under way for the third annual Army Birthday Celebration Event June 12, 2004.
GARY G. STILTS