- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)28
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Combined effort pays off during Wappapello fete
To the editor:
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Wappapello Lake thanks all who participated in the second annual Army Birthday Celebration June 14 at the Bill Emerson Memorial Visitor Center on June 14, 2003. In addition to the live music, display of custom and classic vehicles and booths, live karaoke and line dancing were crowd pleasers. An estimated crowd of 2,700 attended this event. Without the combined effort of all involved, we couldn't have had such a great event.
Plans are under way for the third annual Army Birthday Celebration Event June 12, 2004.
GARY G. STILTS