- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape Girardeau County: Pilot House in Cape Girardeau is home to high quality ingredients, familiar faces (4/14/17)3
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)57
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Oran man jailed on statutory rape, burglary, other charges (4/16/17)
- 2 shot; 1 dead, 1 in custody in Cape shooting (4/16/17)4
- Bollinger County: Bonnie’s Moo Cow Cafe in Patton, Missouri, dishes out Southern classics (4/14/17)
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
Combined effort pays off during Wappapello fete
To the editor:
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Wappapello Lake thanks all who participated in the second annual Army Birthday Celebration June 14 at the Bill Emerson Memorial Visitor Center on June 14, 2003. In addition to the live music, display of custom and classic vehicles and booths, live karaoke and line dancing were crowd pleasers. An estimated crowd of 2,700 attended this event. Without the combined effort of all involved, we couldn't have had such a great event.
Plans are under way for the third annual Army Birthday Celebration Event June 12, 2004.
GARY G. STILTS