- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Military digest 06/23/03
Man becomes lab tech, will serve on sub
Naval Petty Officer Third Class Bruce Dirden recently completed engineering laboratory technician school at Charleston, S.C. Dirden joined the Navy in July 2001. He is the son of Joe and Linda Dirden of Cape Girardeau. Dirden is a 2001 graduate of Cape Central High School. Dirden is stationed at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, where he will be a lab technician on the USS Key West, a submarine.
Private graduates from utilities training
Army Pvt. James R. Haney has graduated from the utilities equipment repairer advanced individual training course at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Aberdeen, Md. Haney is the son of Allen R. Haney of Chaffee, Mo., and Linda C. Wright of Panama City, Fla. He is a 2001 graduate of Chaffee High School.
-- From staff reports