- Emergency c-section on dead mother saves baby following I-55 wreck (05/15/16)19
- Big drug haul made during Cape Girardeau bust (05/17/16)11
- Police charge Perryville man with statutory rape of two underage girls (05/17/16)
- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)39
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)10
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Area farmer pleads guilty to fraud (05/18/16)1
- Perryville man accused of grabbing woman around throat, pulling out her hair (05/18/16)1
- Charleston man accused of fatally shooting Cape teen (05/22/16)24
- Vandals ravage historic Shivelbine house before demolition (05/18/16)25
ANNA, Ill. -- Georgia Lingle, 80, of Anna died Thursday, Nov. 3, 2005, at her home.
She was born Sept. 12, 1925, in Brainerd, Minn., daughter of John and Margaret Merta Mouzakis. She and Roland O. Lingle were married Dec. 28, 1944. He died Nov. 13, 1972.
Lingle worked 25 years at Union County Nursing Home. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Dongola, Ill., Anna Moose Lodge and VFW Auxiliary.
Survivors include two daughters, Janet Haskins of Dongola, Gayle Charbonneau of Colorado Springs, Colo.; a son, Randy Lingle of Metropolis, Ill.; a brother, Tom Mouzakis of Indianapolis, Ind.; five grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Everett Frizzell officiating. Burial will be in American Legion Cemetery at Dongola.