- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Georgia Lingle, 80, of Anna died Thursday, Nov. 3, 2005, at her home.
She was born Sept. 12, 1925, in Brainerd, Minn., daughter of John and Margaret Merta Mouzakis. She and Roland O. Lingle were married Dec. 28, 1944. He died Nov. 13, 1972.
Lingle worked 25 years at Union County Nursing Home. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Dongola, Ill., Anna Moose Lodge and VFW Auxiliary.
Survivors include two daughters, Janet Haskins of Dongola, Gayle Charbonneau of Colorado Springs, Colo.; a son, Randy Lingle of Metropolis, Ill.; a brother, Tom Mouzakis of Indianapolis, Ind.; five grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Everett Frizzell officiating. Burial will be in American Legion Cemetery at Dongola.