- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Walter Murphy Jr.
Walter Murphy Jr., 85, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2005, at the Lutheran Home.
He was born May 26, 1920, in Bollinger County, Mo., son of Walter and Mandy Shell Murphy. He married Rosemary Abernathy, who preceded him in death.
Murphy had been an assembly worker.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Survivors include four sons, Kenneth Murphy of Cape Girardeau, Dwaine, Ben and James Murphy; Mitzi Dix of St. Louis, Vicki Katke and Tami Hamby; 15 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Kutis South County Chapel in St. Louis from 10 a.m. until time of service today.
The funeral will be at 12:15 p.m. today at the chapel. Burial will be in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery.