- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Charla Denise Miller and Leslie Allen Acey were married April 26, 2003, at Dogwood United Methodist Church in East Prairie, Mo. The Rev. Bob Kespelher performed the ceremony. Pianist was Ellen Wilburn of East Prairie, aunt of the bride. Soloist was Carly Wilburn of New Madrid, Mo., cousin of the bride.
The bride is the daughter of Charles Lingle Jr. of East Prairie, and the late Teresa Lingle. The groom is the son of Pansey Acey of Chaffee, and the late Lester Acey.
Maid of honor was Andrea Dirnberger of Chaffee, niece of the groom, and matron of honor was Sherry Dirnberger of Chaffee, sister of the groom. Junior bridesmaid was Kaitlyn Miller of Chaffee, daughter of the bride.
Darren Lingle of East Prairie, brother of the bride, was best man. Groomsmen were Lance Acey of Chaffee and Tyler Acey of St. Louis, sons of the groom. Ushers were David Lingle of East Prairie, brother of the bride, and Tyler Acey.
Candlelighter was David Lingle.
Kim Watson of Dexter, Mo., attended the guest book. Madelyn Lingle, niece of the bride, handed out programs and bubbles.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the church. Servers were Diane Smithson of Fancy Farm, Ky., cousin of the bride, and Kim Watson.
The groom's mother hosted the rehearsal dinner April 25 in the church fellowship hall.
Mrs. Acey is employed at Metro Business College in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is employed by Drury Co. in Cape Girardeau.
The couple is residing in Chaffee.