- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Monica Pind, 67, of Jonesboro died Saturday, Oct. 29, 2005, at the Jonesboro Health Center.
She was born Aug. 4, 1938, in Saratoga, Ill., daughter of Louie and Gladys Haire Smith. She and James Pind were married March 10, 1956, in Anna, Ill.
Pind worked at Florsheim Shoe Co. She was a member of the Anna Church of the Nazarene.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Kerry Pind of Cobden, Ill., Jimmy Pind of Jonesboro, Ronnie Pind of Anna; three brothers, Ralph Smith of Rockport, Ill., Louie Smith of Elwood, Ill., Robert Smith of Jonesboro; three sisters, Jeannette Fuller and Lois Brasel, both of Anna, Nancy Evans of Marion, Ill.; seven grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister, a granddaughter and a great-grandson.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Bill Carter officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.