- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Merritt E. Taylor, 69, of Advance died Sunday, Oct. 23, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 23, 1935, in Kansas City, Kan., son of Earl and Ida Ellard Taylor. He and Mary Cudd were married Jan. 22, 1982, in Advance.
Taylor was a retired farmer.
He was a paratrooper and member of the military police with the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Robin Taylor of Fort Hood, Texas, John and Billy Taylor of Advance; four daughters, Ida Crooms of Advance, Laurel Dunlap of Louisburg, Mo., Nikki Davis of Wappapello, Mo., and Brenda Yeager of Elk, Wash.
Also surviving are three stepsons, Jackie and David Payne of Advance, Billy Payne of Richland, Mo.; four stepdaughters, Janet Burnett of Sikeston, Mo., Virgie Cloninger and Ginger Hewitt of Advance, Mary Loomis of DeSoto, Mo.; a brother, Walter Taylor of Meridian, Miss.; a sister, Nancy Kivett of Fosterburg, Ill.; two half sisters, Sharon Short of Elsah, Ill., Anita Givens of Gloucester, Va.; 18 grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a stepson and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.