- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Abalene Faye Skoruppa Morgan, 66, of San Diego, Texas, died Saturday, Oct. 15, 2005, at her home.
She was born May 8, 1939, in Guadalupe, Texas, daughter of Frank and Hattie Skoruppa.
She grew up in Corpus Christi and Beeville, Texas. In 1957 she married and moved to Missouri where she raised a family of five children with Kenneth Hayden, who died April 23, 2002. While living in Cape Girardeau she volunteered her time to pastoral care at Southeast Missouri Hospital and to the Birthright organization.
After returning to Corpus Christi in the late 1980s, she met William C. "Bill" Morgan Sr. They were married July 17, 1989.
Bill and Abby were co-operators of Mew Ranch in San Diego. Her hobbies were dancing, hunting, embroidery, and crocheting.
She is survived by her husband, William C. "Bill" Morgan Sr.; five children, Mark Hayden (Gail) and Pamela Pfanstiel (Kurt) of Cape Girardeau, Lonnie Piper (Jerry) of Oklahoma City, Okla., Greg Hayden (Leslie) of Olathe, Kan., Karla Hunter (Rick) of Rock Hill, S.C.; four stepchildren, William C. Morgan Jr. of San Diego, Daniel L. Morgan of Lockhart, Texas, Tammy Lutes of Pasco, Wash., Crystal Morgan of Austin, Texas; five sisters, Frances Repka of Alvin, Texas, Lenora Huble of Sinton, Texas, Millie Isaacks of Kyle, Texas, Leona Blanchard of Katy, Texas, Hattie Tucker of Fredericksburg, Texas; 17 grandchildren; seven stepgrandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
Abby was preceded in death by her parents.
The funeral was held Oct. 19 at Seaside Funeral Home Chapel in Corpus Christi. Burial was in Seaside Memorial Park.
Announcement courtesy of Ford and Sons Funeral Home.