- Emergency c-section on dead mother saves baby following I-55 wreck (05/15/16)19
- Police charge Perryville man with statutory rape of two underage girls (05/17/16)
- Big drug haul made during Cape Girardeau bust (05/17/16)11
- Cape businessman pleads guilty to food-stamp fraud (05/17/16)14
- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)39
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)10
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Area farmer pleads guilty to fraud (05/18/16)1
- Perryville man accused of grabbing woman around throat, pulling out her hair (05/18/16)1
- Suspected drunk driver facing felony charges after couple dies in crash (05/16/16)
73-year-old man dies as result of cycling mishap
A 73-year-old bicyclist died on the weekend from injuries received when a car struck him last week, police say.
John Campbell of Cape Girardeau died at Saint Francis Medical Center where he was treated for severe injuries. The accident occurred on Oct. 18 when Joseph V. Greene of Jefferson City was driving westbound on William Street and approaching Siemers Drive. When the car struck Campbell, he went into and almost through the windshield.