- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Florence Ann Sackberger, 75, of Cairo died Saturday, Oct. 22, 2005, at her home in Cairo.
She was born Jan. 31, 1930, in Frankfort, Ind., daughter of Peter Alton and Alda Winona Adams Bush. She and Louis E. Sackberger were married. He died March 5, 2002.
Sackberger was a member of the Baptist faith.
Survivors include five daughters, Janie Sackberger of Cape Girardeau, Ruth Groves of Cairo, Donna Quesenberry of Olive Branch, Ill., Alda Beth Davis of Olney, Ill. and Giggy Owens of Mount Pleasant, Mich.; a son, Jeff Sackberger of Willis, Texas; several grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. until service time Tuesday at the Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Barkett Funeral Home with the Rev. Derek Staples officiating. Interment will follow in the Wickliffe Cemetery in Wickliffe, Ky.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society or the Cairo Public Library.