- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
DELTA, Mo. -- Lawrence William Kidd, 95, of Delta died Sunday, Oct. 23, 2005, at his home in Delta.
He was born Sept. 13, 1910, in Arbor, Mo., son of Adam Hensley and Gladys Ann Beck Kidd. He and Lucille Rhodes were married on July 2, 1946, in Marshall, Miss. She preceded him in death on June 4, 2001.
Kidd was a mechanic for the Delta School District. He was a member of Arbor General Baptist Church, Whitewater Masons 417, Whitewater Eastern Star 174 and the Chaffee VFW 3127. Kidd served as a staff sergeant in the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II.
Survivors include one daughter, Imogene Miller of Lacon, Ill.; one brother, James R. Kidd of Gordonville; one sister, Hazel Hitt of Bloomfield, Mo.; two grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. today at the Amick-Burnett Funeral Home in Chaffee. Masonic service will be at 7 p.m.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee with Rev. Bob Bradford and Rev. Jack Owens officiating. Burial with full military rites, performed by the Missouri Honor Guard, will be at Stroderville Cemetery near Whitewater.