- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Business memo 10/24/05
Portageville chamber preparing for holidays
At its monthly meeting, the Portageville, Mo., Chamber of Commerce decided to hold the annual Portageville Christmas open house on Nov. 20. All merchants will be open that afternoon from 1 to 4 p.m.
The chamber will also have the second annual holiday lighting contest. This year, the chamber is opening it up to rural areas. The judging will be conducted Dec. 9, beginning at 6 p.m., and participants are asked to turn their lights on for the judging. Additionally, a new venue, "A Holiday Tour of Homes," is being offered. To sign up, call Sandy Stewart at (573) 379-2455.
-- From staff reports