- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
People on the move 10/24/05
Magna-Tel Inc. names sales director
Magna-Tel Inc., a promotional products magnetic supplier in Cape Girardeau, has recently named Charles G. Duggan II as sales director. Duggan has more than 13 years in sales and is currently serving as the chairman for the promotional products industry's education committee.
Broker attends annual Japan-Midwest meeting
Thomas M. Meyer of Thomas L. Meyer Realty Co. recently attended the annual Japan-Midwest Association meetings in Cincinnati. This year's theme was "Leadership in a Global Economy." Meyer attends those conferences each year, with alternating meetings in Japan and the United States. Breakout sessions included topics about meeting the challenges of bilateral trade and investment, power and propulsion in the 21st century, new technologies and the environment and corporate social responsibility. Meyer is owner-broker with Thomas L. Meyer Realty Co. in Cape Girardeau.
Area law firm adds SEMO grad as associate
The law firm of Bradshaw, Steele, Cochrane & Berens, LC, has announced that Frank "Trae" Bertrand III has joined the Cape Girardeau firm as an associate. He received his degree from the University of Tulsa, Okla. Bertrand graduated from Central High School in Cape Girardeau in 1996, Southeast Missouri State University in 2001 and again in 2004 with a master's in business administration. Bertrand's law practice will focus on family law, insurance defense and general civil litigation.
Dana Corp. names employee of the month
Maintenance worker Tim Nesler of Advance, Mo., has been named Dana Corp.'s October employee of the month. Nesler has worked at the Cape Girardeau facility since 1999.
Local pharmacist receives national award
Ben Tally Jr. was honored at the recent national annual meeting of Medicap Pharmacies Inc. in Des Moines, Iowa, by being named to the President's Club. This award is presented to Medicap Pharmacy franchisees who represent the top 20 percent of Medicap Pharmacy store sales, during the past fiscal year. Tally owns the Medicap Pharmacy on Kingshighway in Cape Girardeau.
-- From staff reports