- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Military news 10/24/05
Yount, Cross graduate from Air Force training
Air Force Airman 1st Class Andrew W. Yount and Air Force Airman Kenneth W. Cross Jr. have graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas. Yount earned distinction as an honor graduate. Yount, a 2005 graduate of Jackson High School, is the son of John and Ruth Yount of Millersville. Cross is the son of Dianna Kieltsch of Cape Girardeau.
Scott City serviceman returns home from Iraq
Spec. Matthew S. Crail recently returned home from duty in Iraq. He is the son of Kendall and Scott City Councilman John Crail. Crail, a 2003 graduate of Scott City High School, advanced from Private First Class to Specialist while in Iraq. He is currently stationed at Fort Lewis, Washington with the 1st Brigade 24th Infantry Stryker division. While on a mission in Iraq last October, Crail was injured by a grenade blast and received his first Purple Heart. A few months later while on mission in Fallujah he was again injured by a grenade blast and received his second Purple Heart. Crail will receive a promotion to sergeant next month. His military service will end June 2006.
Reservist completes basic combat training
Army Reserve Pfc. Calvin R. Rigney has graduated from basic combat military training at Fort Sill, Lawton, Okla. He is the son of Della and Vince Johnson of Cape Girardeau.
Parker graduates from Navy basic training
Navy Seaman Tara M. Parker, daughter of Martha and Gregory Roberts of Anna, Ill., recently completed U.S. Navy basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill. Parker is a 2002 graduate of Anna-Jonesboro High School of Anna, Ill.
-- From staff reports