- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Helen LaVern Mitchell, 90, of Perryville died Friday, Oct. 21, 2005, at Perry Oaks Manor in Perryville.
She was born Jan. 31, 1915, in Brewer, Mo., daughter of Matt and Eva Fenwick Cissell. She and Shirley Mitchell were married Aug. 12, 1937. He died Oct. 21, 1990.
Mitchell was a member of Bethlehem Baptist Church and CB Club.
Survivors include two daughters, Glenda Vernon of Perryville, Peggy Mitchell of Vandalia, Mo.; 12 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; eight stepgrandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sisters, six brothers and a stepgrandchild.
Friends may call from 4 to 8:30 p.m. today at Young and Sons Chapel and from 6:30 to 9 a.m. Monday.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Crosstown, Mo., with the Rev. Steve Francis officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.