- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Hazel G. Hyslop, 90, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, June 19, 2003, at Ratliff Care Center.
She was born Nov. 14, 1912, at Aid, Mo., daughter of Walter Calvin and Ada Pope Watkins. She and Ira A. Hyslop were married Dec. 8, 1928, in Jackson. He died July 7, 1969.
Hyslop had been a nurse aide at Davis and Hemphill Clinic in Bloomfield, Mo., and had worked for Dr. Marguerite Fuller in Cape Girardeau, retiring in 1985. She attended First Church of the Nazarene.
Survivors include a son, Jerry L. Hyslop of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Patricia Rankin of Wappapello, Mo.; a brother, Billy Watkins of Willard, Mo.; five grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home after 1 p.m. Monday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.