- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- Mable E. Brimm, 98, of Anna died Friday, June 20, 2003, at Union County Hospital.
She was born Feb. 17, 1905, in Mount Vernon, Ill., daughter of William and Sarah Gibbs Spicer. She and Jess Brimm were married June 7, 1924, in Jonesboro, Ill. He died Feb. 15, 1994.
Brimm had worked at Hill Shoe Factory and powder plant many years.
Survivors include a daughter, Frances Garrett of Murphysboro, Ill.; four grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons and two sisters.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after 9:30 a.m. Monday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Cripps officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.