- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Sonja Sue Dobbelare, 64, of Perryville died Friday, Oct. 21, 2005, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born Aug. 10, 1941, in Perry County, daughter of Otto J. and Hazel A. Huber Schumer. She and Floyd F. Dobbelare were married Oct. 7, 1961, in Perryville.
Dobbelare was a candy striper in high school, and later graduated from St. Mary's School of Nursing as a licensed practical nurse. She retired from Perry County Memorial Hospital. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Floyd Dobbelare Jr. of Perryville; three daughters, Mary and Barbara Dobbelare of Perryville, Karen McAdams of Chester, Ill.; a sister, Delores Hudson of Perryville; two brothers, John Schumer of St. Mary, Mo., Jim Schumer of Columbia, Mo.; and six grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 5 to 9 p.m. Sunday, and Monday from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. The parish wake will be at 7 p.m. Sunday, and the rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Monday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.