- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Brick comes in a variety of different colors: dark, light, red-brown, nearly yellow.
The two-story brick home at 814 Caribou Court in the Clarkton Subdivision in Cape Girardeau is a kind of translucent rose color.
Although the home's gabled exterior is reminiscent of older homes, inside is thoroughly modern.
Outside are pine trees and landscaping, a curved walkway, and a basketball goal. Inside the leaded glass door stands a plush carpeted staircase with a stylish blonde and white railing. Over the foyer is a chandelier.
The walls of the different rooms in this home are not uniform in color. In the large living area to the left the walls are yellow. In the formal dining area to the right, they are red.
Blond hardwood floors stretch around behind the staircase. A white square pillar stands in the middle of the entrance to the living room. Two other pillars are attached to the wall.
Behind the staircase and the living room is a family room with a fireplace. On the right is the kitchen. The walls in this room and those adjoining it are peach-colored. Two sets of windows on either side of the fireplace have plantation blinds.
In the kitchen the countertops and double sink are light yellow and there is abundant blond cabinetry on nearly every wall. Dishwasher, stove and microwave are built in. There is counter space on either side of the stove. In the corner of the kitchen is a built in blond breadbox with a roll-down door.
Adjoining the kitchen is a breakfast nook with a bay window facing the back. Between the kitchen and the laundry room is a half bath. The laundry room has a window facing the back yard, a sorting table and white storage shelves.
Down the Berber-carpeted staircase is the finished walk-out basement. To the right is a home theater room wired for 5.1 surround sound with a projector in the ceiling.
To the left of the stairs are a sink and a refrigerator, and a bathroom with a shower and abundant blonde cabinetry. A spacious family room has 12-inch ceramic tile on the floor and windows to the back. There are two additional rooms for storage.
Back upstairs, beyond the platform where stairs go up and then down, step up to the left to the upstairs bedrooms. To the left and center are two bedrooms. Each has two windows and closets with folding doors and interior shelving. There is a linen closet in the hall between these two bedrooms.
Each room of the expansive master suite has vaulted ceilings. Included are sitting room, walk-in closet, bedroom and bath.
Green six-inch ceramic tile covers the master bathroom floor. Ceramic sinks lie on perpendicular walls beside a whirlpool accented by a gold colored faucet. The separate shower has an opaque glass door.
The plush-carpeted walk-in closet is large enough to be considered another room. In an alcove with windows facing the front are two doors to under-the-roof storage space. Numerous white shelves and hanging racks are distributed on all sides.