- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Religion briefs 6/21
Lutheran church marks 150th anniversary
Immanuel Lutheran Church in New Wells will mark its 150th anniversary with a special service June 29.
Guest speaker at the 9 a.m. service will be the Rev. Ed Kienath, a former pastor. Following the worship service, there will be a potluck lunch in the church hall and a display of historical items and open house in the old school building.
The next anniversary event will be Aug. 31.
Methodists in Gordonville to add new service
Zion United Methodist Church in Gordonville will add an 8 a.m. worship service beginning in July. Another service is held at 10:30 a.m.
A nursery is provided at both services and Sunday school classes meet at 9:15 a.m.
The church will hold vacation Bible school Monday through Friday with a supper served at 5:30 p.m. and classes beginning at 6 p.m. The theme is "Son Harvest County Fair" and includes lessons on the fruit of the spirit.
Baptist youth group to hold car wash
Youth from First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau will hold a car wash June 28 to raise money for summer camp. The event begins at 9 a.m. at the church parking lot at 926 Broadway.
-- From staff reports