- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Religion briefs 6/21
Lutheran church marks 150th anniversary
Immanuel Lutheran Church in New Wells will mark its 150th anniversary with a special service June 29.
Guest speaker at the 9 a.m. service will be the Rev. Ed Kienath, a former pastor. Following the worship service, there will be a potluck lunch in the church hall and a display of historical items and open house in the old school building.
The next anniversary event will be Aug. 31.
Methodists in Gordonville to add new service
Zion United Methodist Church in Gordonville will add an 8 a.m. worship service beginning in July. Another service is held at 10:30 a.m.
A nursery is provided at both services and Sunday school classes meet at 9:15 a.m.
The church will hold vacation Bible school Monday through Friday with a supper served at 5:30 p.m. and classes beginning at 6 p.m. The theme is "Son Harvest County Fair" and includes lessons on the fruit of the spirit.
Baptist youth group to hold car wash
Youth from First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau will hold a car wash June 28 to raise money for summer camp. The event begins at 9 a.m. at the church parking lot at 926 Broadway.
-- From staff reports