- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Darnell Young, 42, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Oct. 17, 2005, after being run over by two vehicles on Nash Road.
He was born June 20, 1963, in Chicago, son of James Poindexter and Mary Young. He married the former Susan Brown.
Young was manager of Botkin Lumber Co.
Survivors include his wife; his mother of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Latrice, Darlene and Mary Young, all of Chicago; two stepsons, Joseph and Clarence Brown of Cape Girardeau; four stepdaughters, Breanna Brown of Cape Girardeau, Leslie, Marie and Chanel Haden, all of Jackson, Miss.; a brother, Verdist Poindexter of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Catherine Poindexter and Delores Bussell of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his father and grandparents.
Friends may call at House of Prayer from 10 a.m. to service time Thursday.
The funeral will be at noon Thursday at the church, with JoAnne McCauley officiating. Burial will be Friday in Washington Memory Gardens in Chicago.
Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.