- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CYPRESS, Ill. -- Ruby Capron, 85, of Cypress died Saturday, Oct. 15, 2005, at Heartland Regional Medical Center in Marion, Ill.
She was the daughter of Oscar and Myrtle Shourd Davault. She married Archie Capron.
Capron was a lifelong member of West Eden Methodist Church.
Survivors include her husband; five sisters, Sylvia Johnson of Bourbonais, Ill., Erme Owens of Mounds, Ill., Anna Johnson of Dwight, Ill., Francis Bennet of San Diego, Calif., Ellavee Vinson of Houston, Texas; three stepdaughters, Ruth Hahn of Hampshire, Ill., Victoria Bailey of Huntington, W. Va., Myra Capron of Spartanburg, S.C.; and a stepson, Ronald Capron of Carpentersville, Ill.
She was preceded in death by two infant daughters and two brothers.
The funeral was held Monday at Wilson Funeral Home in Karnak, Ill. The Rev. Steve Heisner officiated. Burial was in Masonic Cemetery in Cypress.