- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Sandusky, Ill. -- Olean Ceareas Arnold, 82, of Sandusky died Friday, Oct. 15, 2005, at Memorial Hospital in Carbondale, Ill.
She was born Feb. 11, 1923, in Birdsmill, Mo., daughter of James Carr and Mary Alice Douglas Pillow. She and George Arnold were married. He preceded her in death.
Arnold had formerly lived in Cairo, Ill. She was employed by Burkart Foam Company of Cairo until her retirement. She was a member of the Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church for 50 years, serving on the usher board as secretary, vice president and president. She moved to Sandusky where she was a member of the Mount Tabor Missionary Baptist Church and served on the mothers board.
Survivors include a son, Herbert W. Arnold of Sandusky; a sister, Katherine Pillow of Sandusky; two granddaughters; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. until funeral time on Saturday at Mount Tabor Missionary Baptist Church in Sandusky.
Funeral services will be at noon on Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Edward Ballard officiating. Burial will be in Spencer Heights Cemetery in Mounds, Ill.
Heavenly Gates Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.