- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Jean L. Warren, 80, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Oct. 15, 2005, at her home.
She was born Nov. 9, 1924, in Beaver Falls, Pa., daughter of David and Clara Richards Powell. She and Willard Warren were married June 13, 1947, in Piggott, Ark. He died June 7, 1999.
Warren was a member of Hobbs Chapel United Methodist Church in Cape Girardeau, American Legion Post 133 and VFW Post 4282 in Perryville, Mo., and a volunteer at the Senior Center in Jackson.
She served in the Women's Air Corps from May 1945 to August 1947.
Survivors include two daughters, Clara Engelmann of Cape Girardeau, Gloria Dew of San Antonio, Texas; two sons, Michael Warren of Perryville, Mo., Kenneth Warren of Los Angeles, Calif.; a sister, Joy Vogel of New Brighton, Pa.; five grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a grandchild.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Hobbs Chapel, with the Rev. Janet Hopkins officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Grove Church Cemetery at Crosstown, Mo., with graveside rites by Missouri Military Honors Team.