- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape Girardeau City Council action
(Second and third readings)
* Established a no-parking zone on a portion of Spanish Street.
* Repealed stop signs on William Street and Spanish Street and enacted a four-way stop at William Street and Spanish Street.
* Granted a special-use permit to R. Hetzel Properties LLC for purposes of constructing and maintaining an apartment at 20 N. Pacific St.
* Granted a special-use permit to Kenneth and Teresa Campbell for maintaining and operating a day-care center at 449 Jefferson Ave.
* Granted a special-use permit to Craig and Elizabeth Thomas for the purpose of maintaining and operating an art gallery and art studio at 124 S. Spanish St.
* Annexed land upon the request of Southeast Missouri University Foundation and the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission.
* Accepted a general warranty deed from St. Andrew Lutheran Church for the Kingsway Drive cul-de-sac.
* Executed a quit-claim deed to St. Andrew Lutheran Church
* Authorized the acquisition of property for the improvement of Mount Auburn Road from William Street to Bloomfield Road.
* Authorized the issuance of new revenue bonds to pay off a previous bond issue for the water system as a cost-saving move.
* Executed a license and indemnity agreement with Shifrin & Associates to place a groundwater monitoring well at 2201 Broadway.
* Reappointed Scott Rhodes and appointed Kathy Swan and Kevin Willsey to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
* Reappointed Danny Essner, Lori Lynn and Scott Blank to the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
* Approved the improvements plans for street, storm sewers, water main extension and sanitary sewers to serve Emerald Forest Subdivision Phase II.
* Filed the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission to deny the request of Dale Patrick LaFont and Roscoe Newbern to rezone 402 S. Kingshighway from M-1 light industrial district to M-2 heavy industrial district, and obtain a special-use permit for a manufactured office unit at that location.
* Filed the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission to deny the request of SEMO Land LLC to rezone a 12.11 acre tract in Ashland Court from R-1 single-family residential district to R-4 multifamily residential district.
* Executed an agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for landscaping at the Interstate 55 and Route K interchange.
* Approved a change order with Drury Land Development Inc. and the county of Cape Girardeau regarding construction of Kell Farm Drive from Richmond Drive to Arnold Drive.