- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Gertrude R. Winschel, 93, of Perry County died Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at her home.
She was born in Perry County on Dec. 19, 1909, the daughter of Hugo J. and Caroline Wibbenmeyer Winschel.
She was a homemaker. She was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Apple Creek, Mo.
She is survived by two brothers, Norbert Winschel of St. Louis and Adolph Winschel of Lawrenceville, Ga.; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday at the Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish prayers will be said at 7:30 p.m. Sunday. Visitation will continue from 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Monday. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Monday at the funeral home.
A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Monday at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Apple Creek with the Rev. Alphonse Hoernig officiating.
Burial will be at St. Michael's Cemetery in Apple Creek.