- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
KELSO, Mo. -- St. Augustine Catholic Church was the setting July 9, 2005, for the wedding of Crystal Lynn Drake and Robert Charles Ressel. The Rev. Oliver Clavin performed the ceremony. Pianist was Hope Essner, and vocalists were Renee Reinagel and Alan Bruns, all of Kelso.
Parents of the couple are Carroll and Jane Drake of Sikeston, Mo., and Robert and Betty Ressel of Kelso.
Maid of honor was Jennie Ho of Claremont, Calif., and matron of honor was Leslie Johnson of Senath, Mo. Bridesmaids were Tammy Ressel of Scott City and Donna Ressel of Kelso, sisters of the groom.
Mike Leible of Barnhart, Mo., was best man. Groomsmen were Chris Bucher of Manchester, Mo.; Steve and Matt Drake of Sikeston, brothers of the bride. Ushers were Alan Scheeter of Sikeston and Clayton Carbaugh of Benton, Mo.
Guest book attendant was Cheryl Essner of Benton, cousin of the bride. Programs were handed out by Mindy Towe of Sikeston, cousin of the bride.
The reception was held at Scott City Knights of Columbus Hall. Servers were Erin Shepherd and Sarah Morrow of Sikeston, Mary Seyer of Oak Ridge, Emily Vinson of East Prairie, Mo., and Charon Biggs of Cape Girardeau.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 8 at St. Augustine Ruma Center.
Mrs. Ressel is a graduate of Sikeston High School and Southeast Missouri State University. She is a high school teacher with Sikeston School District.
The groom is a graduate of Notre Dame High School. He is employed at Do It Best Corp.
The couple is residing at Benton.