- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Wayne M. Terbrak, 63, of Perryville died Friday, Oct. 14, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 25, 1941, in Perry County, Mo., son of William and Gertrude Mattingly Terbrak. He and LaDonna Tucker were married Nov. 16, 1968, in Perryville.
Terbrak was the superintendent of the Perry County Water District, a commissioned deputy sheriff and a captain with the Perry County Sheriff's Reserve. He had served in the National Guard and was a certified backflow preventer. He was a member of Christ the Savior Catholic Church, Holy Name Society, American Legion Post 133, the Missouri Deputy Sheriff's Association and the Missouri Rural Water Association.
Survivors include his wife; his mother of Perryville; a daughter, Wendi Barr of Green Valley, Ill.; a son, Whit Terbrak of Perryville; two sisters, Jenette Weisler and Linda Cairns, both of Perryville; and a grandson.
He was preceded in death by his father and an infant sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 9 p.m. on Monday and from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Wake service is at 7 p.m. on Monday at the funeral home, followed by American Legion services.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Christ the Savior Catholic Church in Brewer, Mo., with the Rev. Felipe Martinez officiating. Burial will be in the Christ the Savior Catholic Cemetery, with graveside services by American Legion Post 133.