- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Evelyn Bernice Rudolph, 87, of Mounds died Saturday, Oct. 15, 2005, at Charleston Manor in Charleston, Mo.
She was born Sept. 6, 1918, at Ullin, Ill., daughter of Charles Arvle and Ina Mae Crippen Sowers. She and Edward "Jack" Rudolph were married. He died Sept. 18, 1986.
Rudolph was a former member of the Moose Lodge in Cairo, a member of the Homemakers Extension Pulaski unit, former member of the Pulaski County Cancer Society of Mounds and a former member of the Mounds Women's Club. She was employed by J.C. Penney Co. for 23 years in Indiana.
Survivors include a daughter, Shelia Sue Winland of Mounds; three sisters, Jean Price, Alta Mae Taylor, both of Mounds, Sarah Jayne Gordon of Valparaiso, Ind.; a brother, Charles A. "Chuck" Sowers of Mounds; seven grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, a son and a sister.
Graveside services will be at 1:30 p.m. Monday at New Hope Cemetery east of Ullin, with the Rev. Kelly Cox officiating.
Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., is in charge of arrangements.