- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)41
- Clay Waller faces federal charge of interstate domestic violence in wife Jacque's murder (05/23/16)1
- Charleston man accused of fatally shooting Cape teen (05/22/16)27
- New restaurant, music venue to open in former Bel-Air building (05/23/16)4
- Instagram threat compels Perryville school district to hike security; 15-year-old detained (05/25/16)
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)12
- Body found near park identified as Cape resident (05/22/16)5
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Local business faces $42,000 in OSHA fines (05/25/16)2
- Mentally ill man's bout of violence leaves him with no place to go (05/23/16)8
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Evelyn Bernice Rudolph, 87, of Mounds died Saturday, Oct. 15, 2005, at Charleston Manor in Charleston, Mo.
She was born Sept. 6, 1918, at Ullin, Ill., daughter of Charles Arvle and Ina Mae Crippen Sowers. She and Edward "Jack" Rudolph were married. He died Sept. 18, 1986.
Rudolph was a former member of the Moose Lodge in Cairo, a member of the Homemakers Extension Pulaski unit, former member of the Pulaski County Cancer Society of Mounds and a former member of the Mounds Women's Club. She was employed by J.C. Penney Co. for 23 years in Indiana.
Survivors include a daughter, Shelia Sue Winland of Mounds; three sisters, Jean Price, Alta Mae Taylor, both of Mounds, Sarah Jayne Gordon of Valparaiso, Ind.; a brother, Charles A. "Chuck" Sowers of Mounds; seven grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, a son and a sister.
Graveside services will be at 1:30 p.m. Monday at New Hope Cemetery east of Ullin, with the Rev. Kelly Cox officiating.
Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., is in charge of arrangements.