- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
7 p.m. Monday
City hall, 401 Independence St.
Study session at 5 p.m.
(Second and third readings)
* An ordinance establishing a no-parking zone on a portion of Spanish Street.
* An ordinance to repeal stop signs on William Street and Spanish Street and enact a four-way stop at William Street and Spanish Street.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to R. Hetzel Properties LLC for purposes of constructing and maintaining an apartment at 20 N. Pacific St.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to Kenneth and Teresa Campbell for purposes of maintaining and operating a day-care center at 449 Jefferson Ave.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to Craig and Elizabeth Thomas for the purpose of maintaining and operating an art gallery and art studio at 124 S. Spanish St.
* An ordinance annexing land upon the request of Southeast Missouri University Foundation and the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission.
* An ordinance accepting a general warranty deed from St. Andrew Lutheran Church for the Kingsway Drive cul-de-sac.
* An ordinance to execute a quit-claim deed to St. Andrew Lutheran Church.
* An ordinance authorizing the acquisition of property for the improvement of Mount Auburn Road from William Street to Bloomfield Road.
* An ordinance authorizing the issuance of new revenue bonds to pay off a previous bond issue for the water system as a cost-saving move.
* An ordinance to execute a license and indemnity agreement with Shifrin & Associates to place a groundwater monitoring well at 2201 Broadway.
* Appointments to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
* Appointments to the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
* A motion approving the improvements plans for street, storm sewers, water main extension and sanitary sewers to serve Emerald Forest Subdivision Phase II.
* A motion filing the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission or setting a public hearing on the request of Dale Patrick LaFont and Roscoe Newbern to rezone 402 S. Kingshighway from M-1 light industrial district to M-2 heavy industrial district, and obtain a special-use permit for a manufactured office unit at that location.
* A motion filing the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission or setting a public hearing on the request of SEMO Land LLC to rezone a 12.11 acre tract in Ashland Court from R-1 single-family residential district to R-4 multifamily residential district.