- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
TAMMS, Ill. -- Loyie Dean West, 74, of East Peoria, Ill., died Thursday, June 19, 2003, at Apostolic Christian Restmor in Morton, Ill.
He was born Feb. 15, 1929, in Elco, Ill., son of Loyie Elvis and Flossie Mae Lessar West. He and Margaret Geraldine Russell were married Sept. 6, 1952, in Peoria, Ill.
West was a maintenance worker 29 years with District 150, retiring in 1991.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Jerry West of Groveland, Ill.; a daughter, Carolyn Nevitt of Peoria; a brother, Paul West of West Frankfort, Ill.; two sisters, Reba White of Elco, Betty Hutchison of Tamms; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother, and infant twin siblings.
Friends may call at Remmert Funeral Home in East Peoria from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Groveland Missionary Church in Groveland, with Dr. Curtis Alexander officiating. Burial will be in Swan Lake Memory Gardens in Peoria.
Announcement courtesy of Crain Funeral Home in Tamms.