- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Virginia C. Hepburn, 85, of Hollywood, Fla., died Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at Aventura Hospital in Aventura, Fla.
She was born April 22, 1918, in Herrin, Ill., daughter of Clarence and Pearl Crain Penninger. She and Robert J. Hepburn were married Oct. 7, 1939, in Chicago.
Hepburn lived and worked in the Anna and Jonesboro, Ill., areas many years. She and her husband moved to Hollywood in the early 1970s, where they owned and operated a motel.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Larry Hepburn of Hollywood, Mike Hepburn of Jonesboro; a brother, Joe Penninger of Melrose Park, Ill.; six grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; three great-stepgrandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with David Eidson officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.