- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
What died to make all that oil?
To the editor:
I have a question about fossil fuels, which have been talked about in recent letters to the editor. If fossil fuels are a non-renewable energy sources that formed more than 300 million years ago during the Carboniferous Period -- long before dinosaurs roamed the earth -- what plants and animals died in the terrain of the Middle East to produce the oil?
ANDREW OSTROWSKI, Fort Worth, Texas