- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
Thanks for storm relief efforts
To the editor:
I would like to thank all the individals who have donated and are still donating their time and effort to the hurricane relief efforts. I am originally from Cape Girardeau and have returned there several times this year to escape hurricanes. Katrina was by far the worst. During my weeklong stay in Cape, I noticed nearly every business, church and organization in the city was either collecting or praying for those involved in the tragedies. It was amazing to see so many people who were very far from the devastation express such kindness and sincerety toward those affected. Thank you for all the spectacular work you have done and continue to do.
AMY BANKEN, Mobile, Ala.