- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
- Cape's casino flourishing as it celebrates fifth year (10/22/17)4
Thanks for storm relief efforts
To the editor:
I would like to thank all the individals who have donated and are still donating their time and effort to the hurricane relief efforts. I am originally from Cape Girardeau and have returned there several times this year to escape hurricanes. Katrina was by far the worst. During my weeklong stay in Cape, I noticed nearly every business, church and organization in the city was either collecting or praying for those involved in the tragedies. It was amazing to see so many people who were very far from the devastation express such kindness and sincerety toward those affected. Thank you for all the spectacular work you have done and continue to do.
AMY BANKEN, Mobile, Ala.