- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
Thanks for storm relief efforts
To the editor:
I would like to thank all the individals who have donated and are still donating their time and effort to the hurricane relief efforts. I am originally from Cape Girardeau and have returned there several times this year to escape hurricanes. Katrina was by far the worst. During my weeklong stay in Cape, I noticed nearly every business, church and organization in the city was either collecting or praying for those involved in the tragedies. It was amazing to see so many people who were very far from the devastation express such kindness and sincerety toward those affected. Thank you for all the spectacular work you have done and continue to do.
AMY BANKEN, Mobile, Ala.