- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)30
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)7
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Thanks for storm relief efforts
To the editor:
I would like to thank all the individals who have donated and are still donating their time and effort to the hurricane relief efforts. I am originally from Cape Girardeau and have returned there several times this year to escape hurricanes. Katrina was by far the worst. During my weeklong stay in Cape, I noticed nearly every business, church and organization in the city was either collecting or praying for those involved in the tragedies. It was amazing to see so many people who were very far from the devastation express such kindness and sincerety toward those affected. Thank you for all the spectacular work you have done and continue to do.
AMY BANKEN, Mobile, Ala.