- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Thanks for storm relief efforts
To the editor:
I would like to thank all the individals who have donated and are still donating their time and effort to the hurricane relief efforts. I am originally from Cape Girardeau and have returned there several times this year to escape hurricanes. Katrina was by far the worst. During my weeklong stay in Cape, I noticed nearly every business, church and organization in the city was either collecting or praying for those involved in the tragedies. It was amazing to see so many people who were very far from the devastation express such kindness and sincerety toward those affected. Thank you for all the spectacular work you have done and continue to do.
AMY BANKEN, Mobile, Ala.