- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
EAST CAPE GIRARDEAU, Ill. -- Benny Carter, 52, of East Cape Girardeau died Friday, Oct. 7, 2005, at his home.
He was born April 2, 1953, in Cape Girardeau, son of Carl L. and Louanna Marie Williams Carter.
Carter had been a correctional officer at Menard Correctional Center in Chester, Ill., and at Tamms Supermax Prison in Tamms, Ill., retiring in 2001.
He served in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include two sons, Travis Carter of St. Robert, Mo., Carl Carter of Chester, Ill.; two sisters, Roseann Temple of Cape Girardeau, Anita Spano of Plainfield, Ill.; two brothers, Jim and Mike Carter of Centralia, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 11 a.m. until time of service today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. David Pringle officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes, Ill.