- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BERNIE, Mo. -- Genivea Jackson, 76, of Bernie died Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 29, 1926, at Parma, Mo., daughter of Jacob L. and Edna Grubbs Williamson. She and Dennis Jackson were married Feb. 14, 1957, in Hernando, Miss. He died June 3, 2002.
Jackson retired from Brown Shoe Co. at Bernie.
Survivors include three sons, Robert and Larry Franklin of Bloomfield, Mo., Gerald Jackson of Dexter, Mo.; seven daughters, Loretta Gammon of Fredericktown, Mo., Brenda Irwin of Morley, Mo., Linda Myers, Yvonne Gord, Donna Bolin, Joy Burnett and Jill Hampton, all of Dexter; and a stepdaughter, Brenda Phillips of Rolla, Mo.
Also surviving are four brothers, J.L. Williamson of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Dale Williamson of Denton, Texas, Ray Williamson of Bloomfield, Jerry Williamson of Millersville; 23 grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a stepson, a brother, and a sister.
Friends may call at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gerald King officiating. Burial will be in Bernie Cemetery.