- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Search for abandoned girl's mother turns up dead body in Pa. landfill
NEW YORK -- Police found a dead body in a Pennsylvania landfill Thursday and think it may be the mother of a 4-year-old girl found abandoned two weeks ago.
Valery Belen Saavedra Lozada was found wandering barefoot after dark in Queens on Sept. 24, and police had been searching for the mother, Monica Lozada-Rivadineira, ever since.
The search may have ended Thursday in Vintondale, Pa., where police found a body wrapped in black plastic bags. Police had been searching that landfill and another in Pennsylvania where New York's garbage is hauled.
Her companion, Cesar Ascarrunz, is being held without bail on charges of strangling her, dumping her body in a pile of trash and abandoning her daughter.