- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Dutch and Sharon Meyr of Jackson announce the engagement of their daughter, Lindsey Michelle Meyr, to Drew Michael Church. He is the son of Mike and Phoebe Church of Charleston, Ill.
Meyr is a 2001 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in communication/public relations from Southeast Missouri State University in 2005. She is marketing director at Westfield West Park.
Church is a 1997 graduate of Charleston, Ill., High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in physical education from the University of Evansville in 2001, and a master's in education administration from Southeast in 2004. He is physical education teacher at Jackson Middle School, and jayvee basketball coach.
A March 18, 2006, wedding is planned at Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau.