- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Don and Mary Brown of Fayette, Mo., announce the engagement of their daughter, Krista Dawn Brown, to Michael Eric Yount. He is the son of Grady and Christy Yount of Cape Girardeau.
Brown received a bachelor of science degree in psychology from the University of Missouri-Columbia, and a master's in speech and hearing pathology from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a speech and hearing pathologist at The Bluffs nursing home in Columbia.
Yount is a graduate of Southeast Missouri Hospital School of Nursing. He is a registered nurse at the University of Missouri Medical Center in Columbia.
A October wedding is planned at Lind Memorial Church on the campus of Central Methodist University in Fayette.